Francisco Reynés Massanet
Executive chairman of Naturgy
Francisco Reynés Massanet was born in 1963 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
He is an Industrial Engineer, Mechanics speciality, from the University of Barcelona, and has an MBA from the IESE Business school. He also studied Top Management programmes in the USA and Germany.
Since 2018, he is the executive chairman of Naturgy.
- 2018: Executive chairman of Naturgy.
- 2015 – 2018: Vicechairman and CEO of Abertis Infraestructuras Group, and chairman of Cellnex Telecom.
- 2010 – 2018: Chief Executive Officer of Abertis Infraestructuras Group.
- 2007: General Manager of Criteria CaixaCorp, “La Caixa”’s business holding.
Prior to this, he has been a Board Member of Gas Natural Fenosa, Aguas de Barcelona, Segur Caixa Holding, Boursorama, Adeslas and Port Aventura.
- In 2016, it receives the Tiepolo 2016 Prize, awarded jointly by the Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIS) and the Spanish Confederation of Business Organizations (CEOE).
- In February 2018, the publishing group Prensa Ibérica recognized Reynés with the Institutional Motor Prize.
- In March 2018, it receives the Influentials 2017 Award from El Confidencial and Herbert Smith Freehills for Director of the Year.
- In December 2018, he receives the Medal of Honor to the Entrepreneur or the Year of Foment del Treball.
- In April 2019, he receives the Salmon Expansion Award for Best Stock Market Value of the Year for Naturgy.
- In July 2021, receives the ‘Best CEO 2020’ award from Forbes Spain.
- In December 2021, receives the ‘CEO of the Year’ award at the Platts Global Energy Awards.